The country of Bhutan is known as Durk Yul. It is a small country with small population (70 thousands), and placed to Southern Asia/Eastern Himalaya.
The national sports “Datse” is just like Archery. No one has gotten medal in the Olympic yet even though some athletes has competed in Archery and Shooting.
Dai Tamesue, who is Representative Director of Athlete Society, is inaugurated as Sports Friendship Ambassador in Mar. 2015. He managed an event “Bhutan project 2016” with Bhutan Olympic Committee. In that event, experts include Dai Tamesue trained Track and Field and Volleyball in Bhutan, and also invited team to Japan.
- Sep.2014: First time to visit to Bhutan.
- Apr.2015: Dai Tamesue is inaugurated as Sports Friendship Ambassador of Bhutan. He coached junior team.
- Apr.2016: Bhutan project 2016 has started.
- May.2016: AS invited Bhutan Olympic Committee to Japan
- Oct.2016: Bhutan Olympic Committee and Yorii-machi, Saitama Pref. and AS agreed on about the pre-training-camp Tokyo Olympic 2020